Professor at the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Leuven (KU Leuven), Coordinator of research at LINES (Leuven International and European Studies)
WORK IN PROGRESS.
- Out of the margins: reflections on Roma and youth development (book chapter, to be published by Oxford University Press)
- Victimhood as victory: the role of memory politics in the process of de-Europeanization in East Central Europe (journal article)
- Nationalism with a human face: European human rights judgements and the reinvention of nationalist politics (journal article, co-authored with Kristin Henrard)
- A new nonfiction book on restorative justice following a murder trial in Brussels (under contract with De Bezige Bij)
CURRENT RESEARCH COLLABORATIONS.
- Masculinity, vulnerability and victimhood: male victims of conflict-related sexual violence in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia (2018-2020, researcher: Heleen Touquet)
- Neo-Ottomanism? New strategies of Turkey and the impact of foreign aid to post-war cultural reconstruction in the Balkans (2018-2020, researcher: Ana Devic)
- Invisible edges of citizenship: re-addressing the position of Romani minorities in Europe (2017-2019, researcher: Julija Sardelic)
- The geopolitical effects of a global renewable energy transition on regime stability in Russia (2018-2019, researcher: Niels Smeets)